Policies and Procedures
- Policies on Research Misconduct
- Policy of PI Eligibility
- UCF Guidance Document on Effort Reporting
- UCF Guidance Document on Cost Transfers
- ORC Internal Policy: Cost Sharing
- ORC Internal Policy: Subawards Management and Monitoring
- ORC Internal Policy: Subawards Proposal Stage
- ORC Internal Policy: Subawards Time of Award
- UCF Guidance Document on CAS Exemptions
- UCF Guidance Document on Direct Cost
- OR Standard Operating Procedure: No Cost Extension
- OR Standard Operating Procedure: Budget Transfers
- OR Standard Operating Procedure: Establishment of Advanced Accounts
- OMB Circular A-21, Cost Principles for Educational
Institutions (05/10/2004) [HTML Version] or [PDF
- Clarification of OMB Circular A-21 Treatment of Voluntary
Uncommitted Cost Sharing and Tuition Remission Costs (01/05/2001)
- OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations (06/27/2003) [HTML Version] or [PDF Version]
- 5-day rule FAQs
- Animal Research
- Award Management
- Contracts and Grants ARGIS Manual
- Contracts and Grants Guidebook
- Contracts Office Organizational Chart
- Current Funding Opportunities
- Faculty Travel
- Florida Research Admin. Conference
- Glossary of Research Terms
- How to Submit a Proposal
- Human Research
- Roles and Responsibilities Matrix
- Participate in a Research Project
- Policies and Procedures
- Proposal Transmittal Form (PTF) Revisions
- Related Links
- Sponsored Programs Organization Chart
- UCF Facts at a Glance
- UCF Internal Programs
- View Research Funding History
The Office of Research serves UCF scholars as the official liaison between UCF and funding sources and by helping faculty work through the proposal and contract management process.
This site includes information to assist university scholars through the announcement, application and post-award stages and to familiarize prospective partners with the breadth of funded research conducted at the university.
Sponsored research at UCF is growing exponentially. In 2011 the university surpassed the $100 million dollar mark in external funding for the seventh straight year with $106.6 million. And UCF's pioneering efforts to commercialize technology continued to stimulate local economies throughout the state. The UCF Business Incubation program expanded to nine locations and multiple governments and communities served with the opening of a center in Volusia County, its ninth location. As a 2011 Carnegie Foundation "very high research activity" university, UCF is committed to the pursuit of excellence and intellectual growth and seeks to excel at moving ideas to innovation and realization.
New Proposal Information NSF and NIH have instituted important proposal changes. You can read about the latest NSF clarifications here: NSF GPG Summary
In addition, NIH, AHRQ and NIOSH have eliminated the error correction window for applications. For further information on this important change, see this page.
And NSF is requiring a supplement describing data management. This is similar to the postdoc mentoring requirement, except it is a supplement and not required in the proposal. This supplement should describe how the proposal will conform to NSF policy on the dissemination and sharing of research results.
For more information, please go here.