Office of Animal Welfare
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) online training must be completed by all personnel listed on the protocol prior to submitting the form to the Office of Animal Welfare
- The CITI course is a protected site. If you are a new learner you must register to create your own username and password to gain access to the site. For instructions on how to create a new CITI Learners Account or to access an existing UCF Affiliated Learning Account, you may click on the CITI Step by Step Instructions
- To sign-on through the UCF portal you may click on the CITI Training icon provided below
- Please see table for guidance regarding what training module you should complete:
Title of CITI course
Who should complete these trainings?
Field Animal Researcher/Technicians/ Students
All PI’s, Co-PI’s, Students, Post-Docs, Technicians etc. involved in Field studies
Lab Animal Researcher/Technicians/ Students
All PI’s, Co-PI’s, Students, Post-Docs, Technicians etc. involved in Laboratory studies
Animal Facility Technicians
Animal Facility Employees only
- All personnel exposed to animals must be enrolled in the Animal Exposure Program (AEP)
- Environmental Health & Safety must be contacted prior to initiating any animal work so that they can conduct an assessment on any needed EHS and/or Institutional Biosafety requirements.
The following items although not related to IACUC, are required prior to initiating animal work: