The following criteria must be met for an application to be considered:
- Only full-time, tenured or tenure-earning faculty members are eligible.
- A maximum of one application per person may be funded for each 12-month fiscal period. (March 16, 20xx - March 15, 20xx)
- The trip must be for the documented purpose of delivering a research paper or comparable creative activity at a professional meeting.
- Funding is for transportation costs only using E&G funds. Qualifying transportation includes:
- rental car/fuel
- There must be some funding support for the travel from the department or college. This support must come from E&G money. Only E&G accounts may be reimbursed from Faculty Travel funds. (E&G money is state appropriated, Education & General funding. E&G funding does not include any Contract & Grant funding received through the State of Florida.) Because Faculty Travel funds are disbursed as reimbursements to the supporting department from which the faculty member was paid for travel, the account number to which the travel was charged must also be an E&G account.
- In the event of a co-authored paper where both authors are from UCF, funding will be provided to only one author. The co-author’s department chair will decide which individual’s travel will be funded.
- If the faculty member decides to drive to the travel destination in lieu of making airline reservations, documentation showing justification for this decision must be returned with receipts to Faculty Travel.
- The application must be submitted by the dates indicated below:
The maximum amount is currently $350.00 Domestic Travel, and $700.00 International Travel, subject to available funds. Funding amounts are approved based on the amount of transportation costs listed by the applicant. Reimbursement amounts are based on the actual transportation costs incurred, up to the amount approved.
|Travel Completed||Application Due Dates|
|March 16, 2013 - March 15, 2014||April 1, 2014|
Prompt submission of applications and supporting documents is encouraged and requested. It is recommended that all submissions be made promptly following the completion of travel. Do not wait until the deadline date of April 1 to send your information if travel is completed well in advance during the travel year of March 16, 2013 to March 15, 2014. Early submission and adherence to the deadline allows the committee to determine the demand on its budget in a timely manner. Late applications will not be accepted.
Completed applications are due in the Office of Research & Commercialization, University Tower, 12201 Research Pkwy., Suite 501). Notice of the application status (whether or not an award was approved) will be sent to applicant's department chair with a copy to the departmental contact listed on the application after the travel committee has taken action. The committee meets annually, in April, to make funding decisions for the prior year's travel.
In order for a department to obtain reimbursement, the following must be submitted to Faculty Travel/ORC along with a completed application:
- A 60-75 word abstract of the presentation.
- A letter of acceptance on the program or a copy of the program (highlight your presentation).
- A copy of the travel reimbursement voucher with TAR# readable or proof of department p-card purchase if no reimbursement voucher is issued. E&G funds must have been used for these costs.
- A copy of receipts for transportation costs only.
The application for Funds to Support Faculty Travel and the above backup documents must be received on or before the specified deadline due date.
Ami Zuclich, FacultyTravel Coordinator
Dr. Debra Reinhart (on IPA w/ NSF)
Assistant VP for Research
Pallavoor (Vaidy) Vaidyanathan
Assistant VP for Research
Dr. Jo Ann Smith
Director, Research Development
Grant Opportunity Development Manager
Madhavi (Maddy) Chokshi
Proposal Development Coordinator
Esteban Martinez Torres
Research Outreach Services Coordinator